Werewolf X - Villagers Win!

Play by Email games in progress.
jeff

Post by jeff » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:03 am

Fernando wrote:
bsmith wrote:So Fernando, are you going to head down to Rio to shake your booty at Carnivale this week? :D
:banana:

Well, I wont. Carnivale at Rio is a very beautiful thing, but really expensive by brazilian standards (although I think it is expensive by any standard).

Brazilians usually spend the Carnivale holiday at Salvador, Bahia. There, we have what we call "Street Carnivale", and it is a 5 day party extravaganza.

Me and my wife, however, aren´t "Carnivale kind of people". We enjoy the holiday, but we´d rather spend it at home or at some friend´s house eating "churrasco". :D
mmmm... churrasco... :suppr: :smt023

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 am

Vote Tally

jttm80 - Jeff(1), Fernando(2)

A reminder that voting ends 5pm tonight.

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Well, I guess I have to place a vote.

Tossing up between Fernando and jeff, I'll stick to my original gut feeling and vote jeff.

I think he has been extremely opportunistic and despite all his villager claims of sacrifice has managed to somehow stay alive.
Even worse, he has managed to convinced Fernando to keep on defending him since Day 1.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:28 pm

I know I haven't voted yet, but I've been trying to decide who to vote for.
Whomever the wolf is - you're quite convincing! Really I don't quite trust anyone left!!! :lol:

Roll 1d3 = vote jttm80

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:26 pm

Haha, you might as well vote me Stompy.
Since I'm going to get lynched anyway.

So our one chance to win if is the Hunter is still alive right?

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:05 pm

jttm80 wrote:So our one chance to win if is the Hunter is still alive right?
If our hunter was still alive, yup. That doesn't look likely though.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:43 pm

:zombie:

Oh boy - where is Ben? Can I not find out if the villagers win already, and lay my undead soul to rest?

:zombie:

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:40 pm

Sorry guys! I've been away playing Twilight Struggle!

Jttm80 the wolf has been killed! Villagers win!!

Excellent game guys, very interesting and well played.

Final Vote Tally

jttm80 - Jeff(1), Fernando(2), Stompy(3)
Jeff - jttm80(4)

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:52 pm

:cheer: :banana: :smt109

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:11 pm

So Stompy was the hunter?

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:16 pm

General considerations for the next game:

I propose this addition to the rules:

Never quote emails or private messages without explicit permission from the GameModerator. You may not actually quote anything from the GameModerator; even though it could easily be faked, the point of the game is to prove yourself through your actions and voting, not through outside information.

By my own admission, my screencapture of the PM was way too gamey, and the rule above should fix this.

Another rule I'd implement is that:

You cannot edit or delete a post. If you have a correction to make, post again

I thought that if I were a WW, and got lynched, I could go and delete all my previous posts, thus erasing incriminatory evidence that could be used to connect me to another WW partner. Better put this rule in place before anyone with a twisted mind like mine (played too much Diplomacy in my youth) has the same idea.

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:18 pm

=D>

WE WON!!

... So nice....

This was a great game...

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Fernando wrote:
At least I will know if Jeff is a WW... I am laying 10/1 that he isnt!
And I am so glad i didnt lose my house on that bet... :D

Really, if Jeff was a WW, I would be baffled.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:38 pm

Lessons and general comments from Werewolf X

*I am even more convinced that a no-lynch D1 is the best result for the villagers. This is even more true when there are 2 or more werewolfs. I accept the claim that it makes a boring game, but if you are playing to win, I am yet to be converted to a lynch D1 strategy.

*I've checked out other online WW games. Some have a rule that a no-lynch is a valid type of vote. If a simple majority of votes are no-lynch, then no there is no lynch. A rule worth considering for the next game?

*I think that villagers trying to play a wacky game (with false claims, accusations, etc) are more of a hindrance then a benefit. Jeff nearly got killed in this game, he got killed in WW 9 as the hunter when he voted a claimed seer for no reason, jon has been killed a few times by crazy plays, and so forth. Still, I could be proven wrong.

*going against the majority of villagers views is also harmful. For example, Jon in WW 8 was against a no-lynch. Anna and Redturtle the same in this game. In all instances, even if they were right, they brought suspicions onto them, and got lynched for it (well Anna didn't, but she was next in line if she hadn't been killed on N1).

*This was a hard game for the villagers. We got unlucky with a seer view of the hunter (denying us a hunter claim) and I wasted my N1 view on Anna. It would have been much easier if Stompy were not the hunter, and I had spied someone else on the first night. Though the way things went, it made the game much more interesting.

*D2 was very murky at start- had no idea who to vote for, until Fernando, with his action of proxy voting, and his past behaviour convinced me that he was innocent. He made a very good point that Talespinner had to be a WW, as Jon and Jeff could not be on the same side. If not for this, I would have followed Stompy's initial vote for Jeff - it was very close.

jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 am

christianmoura wrote:General considerations for the next game:

I propose this addition to the rules:

Never quote emails or private messages without explicit permission from the GameModerator. You may not actually quote anything from the GameModerator; even though it could easily be faked, the point of the game is to prove yourself through your actions and voting, not through outside information.
I agree with this one.
You cannot edit or delete a post. If you have a correction to make, post again
I'd find this one hard. I always make a little typo or forget to add something. Hell that is half the reason why my post were so huge!

I think it is more about the spirit of the game.