Werewolf 9-Sailormoon Day 2

Play by Email games in progress.
Fernando

Post by Fernando » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:52 pm

OK. Hello all!

I am a true Sailor villager. I am on for some wolf hunting. :smt068

I vote for no lynch and hope we can buy some time for Sailor Moon to discover Queen Metallia

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Well, I have a question:

Wouldnt our team win if we just revealed our Sailor real names?

I mean, sure Queen whatever would claim to be someone else, as would her lowly aid, but wouldnt it narrow our field?

(OOC: Anna, is this a "legal" move?)

jeff

Post by jeff » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 pm

Sailor Jupiter here!

hehehehehe....

Ok, now who do we cross off the list to invite to the party?

(OOC: You can try that Fernando, but there are 2 roles on the "good" side that shouldn't be revealed and 2 roles on the "bad" side. Looks like a case for mayhem! So who are you?)

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 am

Very girly sailor here, very innocent, not evil at all. Not voting for anyone until our seer sailor gives us some solid evidence.
Attachments
cosplay5.jpg
cosplay5.jpg (10.25 KiB) Viewed 5873 times

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:31 am

Fernando wrote:Well, I have a question:

Wouldnt our team win if we just revealed our Sailor real names?

I mean, sure Queen whatever would claim to be someone else, as would her lowly aid, but wouldnt it narrow our field?

(OOC: Anna, is this a "legal" move?)
Hmmm.. that's an interesting thought. Let's see:

If we do that, then the Sorc and the Wolf will claim to be Villagers. So we'll have: V V V(Sorc) V(Wolf) Seer Hunter. We get a 25% chance to lynch the Wolf, or a 50% chance to lynch Evil.

Worst case scenario - we lynch one of the true Villagers. The Wolf kills our Seer at Night. Day 2 will have: V V(Sorc) V(Wolf) Hunter. The Sorc or the Wolf will immediately vote for the Hunter, and depending on how fast the Hunter and Villager are in Voting, it'll be 2 Votes on the Hunter and 2 Votes on either the Wolf or Sorc. The tie-breaker will determine who wins. Very risky.

This is our third game in this format, and I'm curious to see if no-lynch really does help the Village when it is this small. With a no-lynch, what we're effectively saying is that we're risking the Seer getting killed in N1, in return for more info in D2. But that's a 20% chance though...

Let me think on it while I go paint my nails... does anyone have any bright pink nail-polish left?

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:48 am

OOC:

OMG Chris! When did you get the cosplay outfit?

Argh! I just found a whole new world of weird. Google: crossplay

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:23 pm

jeff wrote:Argh! I just found a whole new world of weird. Google: crossplay
Dear gawd, you didn't warn me that this wasn't work safe!! :p

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:31 pm

Christian, I had seen you before with the blond hair and the blue skirt.. but beard??? Wow... things have changed since you left.. :lol:

Talespinner and Jeff,

I gave some more thought to the role reveal idea. I am not entirely sure either, but it still seems a good idea to me. Here is the general outline for it:

(lenghty post ahead)

I will try to explain with an example. Suppose the roles are:

Sailor Moon - seer - Jttm80
Tuxedo Mask - hunter - Talespinner
Sailor Mercury - villager - Christianmoura
Sailor Mars - villager - Bsmith
Queen Metallia - werewolf - Fernando
Shitennou - sorcerer - Jeff

So, lets say everybody claims their roles.

Me and Jeff would probably choose villagers to claim so we could isolate the seer.

Lets say I claim Sailor Mercury and Jeff claims Sailor Mars.

But there is a catch. After everybody claimed their Roles, our real Seer (in this example, Jttm80) would reveal his Werewolf random view.
Unless he got the random view of the hunter(in this example, Talespinner), he will be able to tell us one of the 4 suspects who IS NOT the werewolf. (it doesnt matter if he is, in fact, the Sorcerer.. he is not our main target)

Since we KNOW we will loose our Seer this round, we should lynch one of the 3 remaining suspects this first round. (33% wolf hit)

This way, on round 2, we will have 4 people but only 2 suspects (50% werewolf hit) and we will know, for a fact 2 good people.

And if we miss both attempts, it will be one on one and the werewolf wins.

Anyway, the way I see it, it seems an option to be considered. Bottom line is: we would have two chances to get the wolf 33% and 50%.

I will even unvote no lynch waiting your opinions on this. If you girls dont agree with this idea, I will vote again for the no lynching on this day.

Hope you understood the general concept.

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi ladies!

I am Sailor Moon! Seer prodigy and mistress of short skirts!
Your cuteness can never compare to mine! For my kawaii-kung-fu is greater than yours!
:smt061

Rather than beat around the bush, my night zero vision has revealed that Talespinner is NOT the evil Queen Metallia.

So do with that knowledge what you will...
:cheer:

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Fernando wrote:Since we KNOW we will loose our Seer this round, we should lynch one of the 3 remaining suspects this first round. (33% wolf hit)

This way, on round 2, we will have 4 people but only 2 suspects (50% werewolf hit) and we will know, for a fact 2 good people.
You're right - up to the Day 2 part. 2 Evil vs 2 Good means that there'll be a tie-break vote. And if Evil gets their Vote in before Good does, it's all over for the Village. It doesn't matter if there is a 50% chance to wolf-lynch if the Villagers can't win the Vote to lynch.

But anyway, it looks like jttm80 has jumped the gun and role revealed already. What is it with you people peeking into my house in every frigging game!?

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:58 pm

Actually, here's a thought - in this game, each pure Villager has a unique Name.

Sailor Mercury - villager
Sailor Mars - villager

This changes the game a bit. You see, the Sorc and the Wolf have to pick which villager they're trying to impersonate. They can't just say "I'm a Villager" and leave us with 4 nameless Villagers. So, we're going to end up with:

3 Sailor Mercuries
1 Sailor Mars

Or

2 Sailor Mercuries
2 Sailor Mars

Or

1 Sailor Mercury
3 Sailor Mars

Either way, the real Sailor Mercury and real Sailor Mars will know for certain who the Wolf or Sorceror is in the next Day!

Hmm... now can we use this to break the game?...

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm

TaleSpinner wrote:But anyway, it looks like jttm80 has jumped the gun and role revealed already. What is it with you people peeking into my house in every frigging game!?
We are hoping to catch you undressing... :)

Well I'm just Makoto Kino aka Sailor Jupiter, the hotest sailor scout!

I call a Jupiter Thunder Crash on TaleSpinner!

OOC PS. I just had 2 pints at James Squires, so my game style will probably be erratic at best! :nuts:
Attachments
Jupiter.jpg
Jupiter.jpg (61.09 KiB) Viewed 5829 times

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:36 pm

jeff wrote:We are hoping to catch you undressing... :)

Well I'm just Makoto Kino aka Sailor Jupiter, the hotest sailor scout!

I call a Jupiter Thunder Crash on TaleSpinner!

OOC PS. I just had 2 pints at James Squires, so my game style will probably be erratic at best! :nuts:
Will you quit with the thunder crashes and listen? I think Fernando's role reveal strategy might actually work for this game.

Since there isn't a Sailor Jupiter in this Village, who are you?

jeff

Post by jeff » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:05 pm

TaleSpinner wrote:Since there isn't a Sailor Jupiter in this Village, who are you?
Guess! :D

Maybe I'm the only male in the village!

btw, you haven't told us who you are.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:42 pm

I'm a pure Villager. Or possibly the Hunter. I'll reveal which one if we're all on board with the role reveal plan.

So far, we have the following claims:

bsmith - ? hasn't even posted yet.

TaleSpinner - Hunter/Villager.

Christian - Villager.

Fernando - Villager.

jttm80 - Seer. Until there is another Seer claim, I'm willing to consider his claim to be true.

jeff - Hunter/Villager.

So, are we going to do this?