Werewolf 8-Wolves Win!!!

Play by Email games in progress.
annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:17 pm

I don't mind modding again with a completely new mix.
Back and ready to game

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:58 pm

christianmoura wrote:Jtmm80 insisting there should be a lynch on day 1, and afterwards voting for me because I was against lynching sealed his fate in my eyes, I mean, haven't we conclusively proven that a no-lynch on day 1 can only help the villagers?
I don't know if its 'proven' but I do agree with this assessment.
I believe that in a larger game random voting and wolf blocking may provide a voting trail, but in a smaller game giving up a random player early can only help the wolf team.

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 pm

Fernando wrote:Oh, I also have a question for the wolf team -

Had I not announced myself as the seer, would you have me killed anyway on the night turn?

I was wondering if you had me tagged as the intel officer or not.
I had no idea until you announced it.

In some ways the hunter is more problematic than the seer. With 2 wolves I thought we can afford to go directly against the white hat or the seer. When you announced seer you were an easy target for the night kill. Especially since that would be completely expected and not point to anyone in particular. So that left going up against the white hat.

Not knowing who the hunter was, gave me some pause about going against the white hat because if I got lynched then there was a chance the villagers could still win with the hunter remaining. But as the wolf, killing the hunter is really just a lucky (or unluky) die roll. Unless of course the hunter reveals their role!!! :)
Get a grip!

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:25 am

I was considering making a white hat call when fernando asked for it, but that would have drawn me into suspicion. When bsmith made the call, I got redturtle to counterclaim. He looks so excited and involved, it gave him an excuse. :)

I had to play the villager role as best I could. When bsmith made the white hat claim there became only 2 possibilities. either bsmith and jttm80 were the wolves or redturtle and I were. I think me being an "obvious" villager helped convince you guys that the second option wasn't even there.

Personally, I think the whitehat role was unneeded. If voting didn't go exactly according to our plan we would have lost. As Talespinner pointed out, if we lynched bsmith instead of jttm80 it would have been game over. If we lynched redturtle, that would have exposed me. I would almost be forced to follow through with the lynching...

A lynch on the first day would have made it easier. With so many people, I would be prepared to follow along with villagers and voting records would be just confusing.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:10 am

annawid wrote:I don't mind modding again with a completely new mix.
Kick it off, anna. I'll be in.

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:41 am

Congrats, commies!

It would've been ironic if the guy-pissing-himself was the hunter and saved everyone... hah... but sadly, he was lynched...
:(

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:00 pm

Well, if you were the Hunter and you were about to be killed, why the heck did you not make a Hunter-claim?

Plus, why was bsmith allied with you? The way you two were supporting each other just added to the suspicion. Apart from gut-feel, there isn't a logical explanation why bsmith would try to "save" you by claiming that he is the White Hat. You could have been a Commie as far as he knew.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:07 pm

TaleSpinner wrote:Well, if you were the Hunter and you were about to be killed, why the heck did you not make a Hunter-claim?

Plus, why was bsmith allied with you? The way you two were supporting each other just added to the suspicion. Apart from gut-feel, there isn't a logical explanation why bsmith would try to "save" you by claiming that he is the White Hat. You could have been a Commie as far as he knew.
Well I knew that redturtle was a commie at that point straight after he claimed the White Hat role. And redturtle was actively voting for jttm, so I knew jttm was innocent. I was trying to save jttm's arse! I wanted everyone to either vote for me or redturtle.

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:43 pm

Wolves would usually not be so obvious supporting another player, especially if that other player was his partner. I thought you would have suspected Redturtle KK. But Ben did accuse you. I don't know how he totally missed that you were seer cleared. I think all the ASL have warped his brain :lol:

Did you know that the ASLers had to pay $50 something to game at Cancon? I was gaming Euros for free :D
Back and ready to game

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:48 pm

annawid wrote:Did you know that the ASLers had to pay $50 something to game at Cancon? I was gaming Euros for free :D
And it was worth every cent, I won my first game of tournament ASL woohoooo! Came down to literally the last dice roll in CC. My opponent needed to roll less than 6 on two dice to win. He rolled exactly 6 haha

As for missing the Seer clearance... It's easy to miss stuff in the forum because you need to flick through 7 pages to find anything. I wish there was a setting in user's profile to change the number of messages per page... I may have a dig around for a mod...

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:57 pm

I think it's just because you were too lazy to read Fernando's long post. :p
Back and ready to game

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:53 pm

bsmith wrote:Well I knew that redturtle was a commie at that point straight after he claimed the White Hat role. And redturtle was actively voting for jttm, so I knew jttm was innocent. I was trying to save jttm's arse! I wanted everyone to either vote for me or redturtle.
Well, the sequence of events were like so:

1. Fernando, redturtle, jeff, chris and I started to vote for jttm. This is under the public deduction that jttm and bsmith are the Wolves.
2. bsmith announces that he is the White Hat.
3. redturtle opposes bsmith by stating that he was the real White Hat.

Well, you must admit, doing action 2 seemed very suspicious because it looked like a wolf trying to clear a buddy wolf's name by association. You couldn't have known redturtle would have opposed your White Hat claim, so you couldn't have possibly suspected redturtle on any grounds, and thus you couldn't have known if jttm was innocent.

And additionally, if you knew that jttm80 was not a Wolf after action 3 and you wanted everyone to vote for either you or redturtle, a more obvious play of the "I sacrifice myself for the good of the village to prove that redturtle is a stinking liar and to save jttm80" card would have helped. We marines are a dumb as dirt, so you have to be straight-forward! ;)

jeff

Post by jeff » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Ah come on guys, leave up on him. Just admit it, we played you like a song. :badgrin:

I might have to change my position regarding no-lynch votes now, just to mess with your minds. :D

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:12 pm

jeff wrote:Ah come on guys, leave up on him. Just admit it, we played you like a song. :badgrin:

I might have to change my position regarding no-lynch votes now, just to mess with your minds. :D
Yeah, you and redturtle were astounding this game. There were a couple of times it crossed my mind that you both might have been the wolves, but I thought, "Naahh... no wolf can act like redturtle did... and jttm and bsmith stink to the high heavens!" :p

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:11 pm

TaleSpinner wrote:a more obvious play of the "I sacrifice myself for the good of the village to prove that redturtle is a stinking liar and to save jttm80" card would have helped.
Yeah, in hindsight that would have been a better idea. Normally I'm even lazier in Werewolf games but this time I think I actually read at least half the posts!