Werewolf 8-Wolves Win!!!

Play by Email games in progress.
jeff

Post by jeff » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:13 pm

:smt077

Well that was a tough game actually. We had to work very hard for that one.

The no-lynch vote was an interesting twist and got us on side with Fernando, Talespinner and Christian, but it also made it harder for us to get the numbers.

Now about these chinese wives...

annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:16 pm

I would like to nominate Jeff and Redturtle as best supporting actors for next month's Oscars :lol:

It was lost when the village let Jttm80 get executed I think. With 2 White Hat claims one of them should be lynched to prove the other evil or good. But the village still had a small chance of winning if they had chosen right between Bsmith and Redturtle.

Good game and great acting by the wolves.
Back and ready to game

annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:20 pm

jeff wrote::smt077

Now about these chinese wives...
3 wives each cause you're all living in a small village 4 hours out of Beijing where you're still allowed concubines. I guess you guys will be very tired since you've been months away from your wives

:smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061 :smt061
Back and ready to game

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:32 pm

wow 3 wives now, awesome!

/me standing up to recieve my oscar.

I would like to thank Jeff for being a great chinese spy.

Thank you to the rest of the marines for providing a great scene.

Really enjoyed Jttm with his shy and stuttering marine.

and a big thanks to the moderator
Anna!!

Great game peeps, looks like I had better mod the next one as no one is going to believe me now!
(i am going to tassie for the next 5 days so I will be back mid next week if you are happy to wait till then for the next one to start)

:banana:
Get a grip!

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:51 pm

I tried everything to convince you guys but nothing worked!

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:53 pm

Wow, just wow.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:05 pm

Jttm80 was so suspicious in my eyes, after calling for a lynch - after that, I was absolutely convinced that he was a spy.

Who was the hunter?

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:27 pm

Yeah, you can't imagine how frustrating it was for me to know that redturtle was a spy and jttm80 wasn't! :lol: Even when I tell the truth it looks like a lie!

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:30 pm

bsmith wrote:
jeff wrote:Now assuming Fernando isn't lying about Chris and Talespinner, that means jttm80 must be a spy. If we lynch him, then we are left with 1 spy and 5 marines and i like those odds.
I don't follow your logic here Jeff. Could you please explain how jttm must be a spy?

Redturtle is definitely a spy. Talespinner and (now) Jeff are highly likely. Personally the logic behind being so totally convinced about jttm is beyond me, which leads me to believe two of the voters for him must be spies. Given RT is definitely a spy, that leaves Jeff and TS.

So to be entirely safe, a vote for redturtle at least guarantees we lynch one spy.
Here it is, I was hoping that this ball would slip through to the keeper :)
Get a grip!

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:41 pm

Jtmm80 insisting there should be a lynch on day 1, and afterwards voting for me because I was against lynching sealed his fate in my eyes, I mean, haven't we conclusively proven that a no-lynch on day 1 can only help the villagers?

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:03 pm

Un-frigging-believable!! I sincerely thought we had the game in the bag, and then BANG! :(

Honestly, my batting average with WW seems to be getting worse with every game! This time round, I made 3 fatal mistakes:

1. Forgot that no role reveal happened when someone got lynched. I was hoping to discover if jttm80 was a commie when he was lynched.

2. Should have lynched either bsmith or redturtle the moment they both claimed White Hat.

3. Failing that, I should have formed a voting block with christian - the only other cleared marine. We should have voted redturtle last lynch because if jttm80 and bsmith were spies, we would have been 1 spy vs 4 marines (a comfortable position) and thus could afford a mis-lynch. Lynching redturtle would have proven conclusively if bsmith was lying, and if he was not, we could have lynched jeff straight after.

All because I was convinced by redturtle's and jeff's superb acting! GAAHH!!! (slams his head repeatedly on the keyboard)

sdlfg asdkhfa sasgh i4tuhrg#$%@#$ adfgadbf 54$%JNe

annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:28 pm

christianmoura wrote:Jtmm80 insisting there should be a lynch on day 1, and afterwards voting for me because I was against lynching sealed his fate in my eyes, I mean, haven't we conclusively proven that a no-lynch on day 1 can only help the villagers?
I don't agree with this especially with 2 wolves. Voting Day1 is random and votes will go everywhere but since the wolves know each other there's a high chance that 1 of them will be on the block and the other will have to save him somehow which will leave a voting trail.

With 1 wolf I also prefer to lynch because the sorcerer and wolf do not know each other and I hope that the seer who knows a known safe can steer the voting away from the known safe and himself, leaving us with a 50% chance of getting an evil, sorcerer or wolf in our usual 6 player game. If the hunter is on the block he'll reveal which will cause his death but prevent the seer being killed and he gets another view.

Someone asked who was the hunter, it was Jttm80. I know it's hard to believe with his pipsqueak marine persona :-s
Back and ready to game

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:54 pm

Wow! Amazing! Nice Game by the wolves.

When I logged on monday and saw that both redturte and bsmith claimed white hat, I realized we should vote to lynch one of them, instead of jttm80.

Redturtle was my main suspect since he had a chance to claim whitehat before and didnt!

However, I was already dead and jttm80 already lynched. Nevertheless, Jeff really had me convinced he wasnt a spy. So this was probably over, anyway.

Great game!

Fernando

Post by Fernando » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:04 pm

Oh, I also have a question for the wolf team -

Had I not announced myself as the seer, would you have me killed anyway on the night turn?

I was wondering if you had me tagged as the intel officer or not.

annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:16 pm

You were playing seer very well Fernando. You didn't sound like the seer at all to me, just an overly helpful villager. And your English is fine.

I'm thinking now maybe I should have made the hunter a bodyguard. 2 wolves knowing each other, may be too advantageous. But at least I know now.
Back and ready to game