WEREWOLF VI - WEREWOLF AND SORCERER WIN, DAY 2

Play by Email games in progress.
redturtle

Post by redturtle » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:08 am

Vote Jeff

Hhhhhhhhooowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Is this the first game the wolf has one in this format?

Can we end this day early as well?

I vote aye.
Last edited by redturtle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get a grip!

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:11 am

bsmith wrote:Yes end it early, I'm fine with that. Thanks Christian!

I trust people too much!
Maybe...

Next game you can trust me :evil:
Last edited by redturtle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get a grip!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:32 am

jeff wrote:strange that one rule changed the game so much.

Shows the strength of NOT LYNCHING on the first day!
Heh, yeah, WW tends to be like that - one small rule change and the gameplay changes drastically. I'm surprised that bsmith didn't start Day 2 swearing that he was the Sorceror. It was the only chance for the village to win at that point - to convince the Wolf to kill the real Sorceror.

Apart from that, I think jeff is right - the no-lynch strategy would have worked better in this "no lynch upon draw votes" format.

Great game anyways.
Last edited by TaleSpinner on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:37 am

Well, for all I know, redturtle *could* be lieing about being the Sorcerer :lol:

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Stompy wrote:Well, for all I know, redturtle *could* be lieing about being the Sorcerer :lol:
redturtle? Nah.. he never lies. Oh wait :?

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:52 pm

This is what happens when it's left to the MEN to defend and protect the village :smt012

I told you so!!! :p :p :p

Why was there no counterclaim to Redturtle's view?
Back and ready to game

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:32 pm

TaleSpinner wrote:
Stompy wrote:Well, for all I know, redturtle *could* be lieing about being the Sorcerer :lol:
redturtle? Nah.. he never lies. Oh wait :?
yes

yes

:|

I never lie
Get a grip!

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:44 pm

annawid wrote:This is what happens when it's left to the MEN to defend and protect the village :smt012

I told you so!!! :p :p :p

Why was there no counterclaim to Redturtle's view?
We are as good at protecting the village as anyone. As long as the cricket isn't on.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:47 pm

Jeff, end the day early? Any final words?

I don't think the rule on tied votes not producing a lynching would have made a difference to this game. The previous rule was that the first person to reach the most votes gets lynched. In the situation here, Stompy and Redturtle voted for Jeff before he could add his vote to Ben's, and go for Stompy. Jeff was not at work today, so he had more limited access to the forums.

I changed the rule to prevent some 'gamey' issues where someone who could not log onto the forums as regularly be disadvantaged.

A similar situation ocurred in WW IV, where I declared myself as the Sorcerer on day 2, with 4 people left, but I had to hope that the WW would log on and vote with me before the villagers got together and voted me off.

The no-lynch tied votes rule benefit the sorcerer and werewolf somewhat when there are only 4 people left (as seen in this game), but also helps the villagers have a bit of an edge on Day 1, where they can work together a prevent a lynching.

The other rules (where there are no ties) encourage lynching, which gives an edge to evil on day 1. Say, if there are a few people left, I would be more inclined to vote for someone first, just in case I get tied for votes. I want my vote to go out first, before people vote for me. On the other hand, they create some uncertainty in some situations, which might benefit either side; e.g:

When there are 4 people left, and the sorcerer and ww are alive - there might be a race to vote out a villager before the villagers vote back.

Or in a situation where there is one sorcerer, and 2 other villagers - one being the WW. If I were the sorcerer, I would be concerned that someone would vote for the WW, and without knowing who the WW is, I would vote for myself as soon as the day began. I would do it and declare myself Sorcerer, just to guarantee that the WW isn't lynched by chance (a random first vote by the Sorcerer or Villager that produces a tied vote at the end of the day).

To me that is gamey, as it depends on how fast you can login and vote yourself or someone to guarantee you have the first vote. I don't think there should be rules that disadvantage people who can't login and post as frequently as others.

Still, both rules produce interesting meta-game situations, which this game is all about.

jeff

Post by jeff » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:05 am

I'm sorry been a bit busy yesterday.

I've already told you the seer has packed his bags and moved on to another village. :)

vote jeff

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:30 am

Did Stompy eat Jeff? Did Redturtle sacrifice him to cosmic evil?

Iä Iä Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Iä Iä Cthulhu fhtagn

Jeff's last vision was of a thing which was little more than a protoplasmic mass, from the body of which a thousand tentacles of every length and thickness flailed forth, from the head of which, constantly altering shape from an amorphous bulge to a simulacrum of a man's head, a single malevolent eye appeared.

It is a slight blessing that none but Jeff's tortured soul were left to witness the unspeakable deeds of Stompy and Redturtle in the name of their dark gods.

Stompy (Werewolf) and Redturtle (Sorcerer) win!
Last edited by christianmoura on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:34 am

yeah!!!!!

good game!

Thanks to Christian to modding!

Thanks to all for playing.

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
Get a grip!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 am

This was over pretty quickly.

Who's up for another?

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:58 am

I'm in. Who's turn to moderate?

It would be nice to get 7 players for the next game - who can we recruit?

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks Christian for modding.

So - who was the hunter??