Werewolf V

Play by Email games in progress.
bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:26 am

This is difficult. Somehow I missed the Seer's coming out of the closet! I need to pay closer attention.

For now I'm going to have to place my vote with annawid for next lynching. I'm starting to get the impression that Christian is a good-guy. First because his analysis is incredibly lengthy and secondly because he has played Red Barricades.

Christian, I'm ready for RB but I will only attempt it when I have broken my 10 game losing streak with my regular ASL partner! I've reached a brick wall with ASL where my tactics are breaking down. I really need to just sit down one day and study tactics for hours on end. Try different approaches solitaire, think more about combined arms. I'm hopeless at tanks combined with infantry!

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:31 am

Hello.... you are really sounding very wolfy Bsmith. The seer told us that Christian is not a wolf.
Back and ready to game

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:24 am

The vote so far...

christianmorna - 0
jttm80 - 2 - christianmorna(1), annawid(3)
annawid - 2 - jttm80(2), bsmith(4)
bsmith - 0

So far jttm80 will be lynched as he was the first one to reach 2 votes.

And a reminder that lynchng will occur at 5pm today

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:45 pm

bsmith wrote: Christian, I'm ready for RB but I will only attempt it when I have broken my 10 game losing streak with my regular ASL partner! I've reached a brick wall with ASL where my tactics are breaking down. I really need to just sit down one day and study tactics for hours on end. Try different approaches solitaire, think more about combined arms. I'm hopeless at tanks combined with infantry!
Well, I remember it being hard to find time to play RB when I was a a student, single and on holidays... not to mention I haven't played ASL in 7 or 8 years! Maybe a gentle reintroduction with a small scenario like Gavin Take? Or move on to Combat Commander when I receive my pre-order copy...

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:14 pm

After a nervious and quiet day the villagers turned towards jttm80. With a shrug of his shoulders he accepted the inevitable.

jtmm80 has been lynched!

Night 2 has started. Could all those with night actions please send them to me.

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:48 am

What!?!?

I don't accept the inevitable!
I go kicking and screaming!
I curse and rant the entire way...

and now that I'm lynched and my villager status confirmed, I yell out from the grave "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:14 am

You might still be sorcerer Jon.
Back and ready to game

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:53 am

Night 2:

bsmith was left with a fateful desion: who to kill....
It was now or never - bsmith smashed through the window of christianmora's house.

"Wait" christianmora cried. "I'm the S".....
christianmora's cries were cut-off as bsmith ripped out his throat.

A laugh from behind made bsmith spin around. Annawid held her gun against bsmith's furry head.
"Merry Christmas wolf-features" were the last words bsmith heard as annawid pulled the trigger!

Villagers win!

Roles:
TaleSpinner - Villager
christianmorna - Sorcerer
jttm80 - Villager
annawid - Hunter
bsmith - Wolf
jeff - Seer

A bit of a more subtle game with no Seer or Sorcerer announcement. This probably hindered the wolf's choice of victim somewhat.

Also my apologies for the weak moderating this session, it's quite hard to keep everyone informed when you can't make forum replies!
(Damn IS dept, no reduncancy planning and untested upgrades.... but that's another story)

Never-the-less, well played, everyone!

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:00 pm

Villagers Win!!!!! Woo hoo......... Die you wolves die!!! :smt066 :smt066 Score: Hunter 2, Wolf 0

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Back and ready to game

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:13 pm

"The best laid plans of wolf and men oft go awry, and leave us nought but grief and pain for promised joy.

CURSES! FOILED AGAIN!

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:25 pm

No one's ever gonna believe you're good villager ever again Christian :lol:

And I am going to be Night 1 wolf-food. I'll try to fatten myself up over Christmas for the next wolf. :D
Back and ready to game

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:05 pm

It was a damn crap-shoot. Anna recons she influenced my decision with messages etc. I just had to choose *someone*, there was a 50/50 chance!

Thanks for hosting Stompy!!

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:23 pm

I am certain all that I've put up on the forum that you've read DID influence your decision. You might not be aware of it, like subliminal messages.
Back and ready to game

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:05 pm

Man, that game was too close! :) Kept guessing who was who till the last minute! Looks like playing "loudest Villager on the block" did earn me my death at night 1! I could say that it was part of my grand scheme to cover for the Hunter, but I'd hazard a guess that bsmith just randomly picked someone to kill :p

annawid had me convinced that she was a pure Villager. Ironically, it was under this assumption that made me suspect bsmith when he announced that he was a pure Villager. All the while, the real pure Villager jttm80 was hiding under the covers!

Meanwhile, christianmoura did a superb job hiding his Sorceror role. Reading his first few posts justifying why he isn't the Sorceror or Seer makes me laugh now :)

Well played, everyone! And thanks for hosting Stompy!

So, who's hosting the next one?

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:28 pm

I am happy to host, if no one volunteers.

Need a break to try to build a little bit of an honest player reputation. Guess the years playing Diplomacy have tainted my once innocent and candid nature.