Werewolf V

Play by Email games in progress.
bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:31 am

So where does that lead us? Two dead and all we know is they're both not werewolves. And no Seer reveal yet? Or is the Seer dead?

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:38 am

Damn. For some reason, I thought christian was the Seer and Talespinner was the WW.

Now, I'll have to go with bsmith or annawid.
And if it does turn out that christian is the wolf, that'll make me the most clueless villager EVER.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:50 am

Yeah good one Jon! Is that some hair I see sprouting out of your palms?! :shock:

annawid

Post by annawid » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:28 pm

Seer is Jeff, Sleepyhead!!!

I believe he is our seer which makes Christian a villager. Talespinner has been hinting hunter a lot. That's what made me move my vote to Jeff and then was in Geelong so missed Jeff's reveal.

Best scenario: Jeff seer, Talespinner Sorcerer which leave us with 3 villagers and 1 wolf with a safe known villager in Christian.

Scenario 2: Jeef seer, Talespinner hunter which leaves us with 2 villagers, a sorcerer and a wolf (bad)

Scenario 3: Jeff sorcerer, Talespinner villager/hunter leaving us with 3 villagers and a wolf with no safe known. Like Day 1 basically.

I have to make an assumption here that Jeff is seer and Christian is good. (I will definitely view any seer claims now with suspicion). Try it, sorcerer/wolf.

No hunter claims please if you are still alive. That will just put a big bullseye on your head.

Christian who do you suspect?
Back and ready to game

annawid

Post by annawid » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:35 pm

jttm80 wrote:Damn. For some reason, I thought christian was the Seer and Talespinner was the WW.

Now, I'll have to go with bsmith or annawid.
And if it does turn out that christian is the wolf, that'll make me the most clueless villager EVER.
This is a very clueless post :smt017 Christian is a known safe if you believe Jeff. My safelist is made up of Christian and me. So my choice of voting will be jttm80 or bsmith. I want to hear from you two and Christian. I would hate to lynch a hunter, although he may already be dead.
Back and ready to game

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:39 pm

Oh well - looks like we lynched the seer (again)! I'm sure pretty much everyone was convinced Jeff was the seer in the end. Unfortunately for him we didn't change our votes in time.

Jeff is right when he said he used the powers on me, and that I am a villager. Plain Vanilla. I've been doing my part to try to figure out who the bad guys are, though I feel bad I didn't have time last morning to unvote Jeff earlier (though I had no idea that the 12pm deadline was that strict).

I don't know who Talespinner was. The hunter? I can't say - I don't know how to play a hunter, but I think I would have tried to keep quiet - I think that the more you are active, trying to deduce other peoples role's, especially the WW, the more of a target you are for the wolf at night. The hunter would not want to draw attention to himself. I think that is why Talespinner died - it is better to have someone quite (Jon / Bsmith) alive than an active villager-detective such as Talespinner.

However, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to think that Talespinner was the Sorcerer - I think Jeff made it pretty clear that he was the seer in the end, and TS was the last person to relent and unvote Jeff. He kept accusing Jeff right to the end, without much ground for doing so - unless he was the sorcerer (and possibly spied on Jeff on the first night). After all, it is the sorcerer's roll to have the Seer killed - or *revealed(!. TS kinda forced Jeff into admitting he was the Seer I think Jeff would have died anyway, even if we saved him. He made himself into a convincing target for the Werewolf. I think the werewolf probably made a mistake in killing TS, since it is more likely that he was a sorcerer than an innocent villager. Anyway, we might never know (yes we will, once the game ends!).

Right now my suspicion is with our two quiet guys. They are either actively trying to keep a low profile, and targeting the people who have been most active in making deductions / figuring out who the werewolf is. Jeff and Talespinner did that more than anyone, and that is why they died. I'd say that Ben and Jon are the hunter/werewolf - though it might be very likely that Anna is the hunter as well (again!), since she was a pretty active hunter in our last game.

Given that, I am going to randomly pick one of the two quiet guys - Ben has come up with an excuse that he is playing Memoir 44 / ASL to spend time with this game. That might mean he does not have an interesting role (villager or hunter) and doesn't care about the game that much. So I'll go with Jon, until I hear more convincing arguments or obtain more evidence on the contrary.

annawid

Post by annawid » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:25 pm

Seer is more important than hunter usually, but this is a small game and if the seer don't get a wolf N0 or N1, the hunter must be kept alive.
I would sacrifice myself for the seer first day and hunter after that. But if we lynch right today we might get a wolf.

There's only 1 vote and 1 wolf so vote analysis is not that helpful. We're nearly all villagers. All that the wolf can do is follow on a vote and hope he's not lynching the sorcerer. The sorcerer have to be careful in case he helps to lynch a wolf.

Fraser says Gamers at Dockers will be going on all through the holiday period so Christian and Jeff you're welcome next week. I will double check with him.
Back and ready to game

annawid

Post by annawid » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:25 pm

Bsmith is deep in The Russian Campaign so you won't hear from him for awhile :lol:
Back and ready to game

jeff

Post by jeff » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:26 pm

:zombie:
TaleSpinner wrote: Heh, joined the ranks of the undead :p

Hey, jeff? What's good to eat around here?
Here have some brains!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:28 pm

jeff wrote:Here have some brains!
Thanks. God knows I need some after Day 1's cock up! :P

jeff

Post by jeff » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm

TaleSpinner wrote: Thanks. God knows I need some after Day 1's cock up! :P
Well, at least i have an excuse! :D
I think this would have been better if we had everyone online. A bit strange when the moderator isn't even able to connect!

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:22 pm

I have re-read all the posts, thought about all that has been said and done; and I am still sticking with the idea that Ben and Jon are the two most likely candidates for the wolf - though I am the first to admit they haven't done much to distinguish themselves from the other. Jon - what do you have to say? You think Ben or Anna might be the WW - why do you suspect either? Should I change my vote to Ben?

Ben, what is this Russian Campaign game? Have you ever played ASL-Red Barricades (good memories of playing that). Why aren't you around to defend yourself?

Anna - who are you inclined to vote for in today's lynching, if any one?

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:11 pm

Man, I'm so confused.
There doesn't seem to be much to go on here, except making random guesses.

christian: not sure what I can say to convince you guys.

Okay guys, I'm going to be on a plane for the next couple of hours, so in case I don't get to post, I'm just making my lynch vote now.

*drumroll*

Haha, I'm randomly deciding even as I type this...

and the winner is... annawid
Sorry anna, it seems like you're just a little bit hairier than ben.
:shock:

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:49 pm

You should have just used the forum dice.

[dice]1d4 = 1054603086 [/dice]

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:49 am

I think a whole mass of hair is sprouting over the top of Jon's fluorescent orange jocks :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jttm80 's the wolf!!!
Back and ready to game