NIGHT 2: TRANNIES WIN!!! Men in women's clothes prevail!

Play by Email games in progress.
bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:48 am

I can't believe you guys didn't suspect Anna as a trannie. I had announced I was the Perve and then was gone that night. Not only that but she had voted for me that day! Anna has inside information because I'm living with her, she catches me reading private messages etc. lol I'm the person most likely to be a threat.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:44 am

bsmith wrote:I can't believe you guys didn't suspect Anna as a trannie. I had announced I was the Perve and then was gone that night. Not only that but she had voted for me that day! Anna has inside information because I'm living with her, she catches me reading private messages etc. lol I'm the person most likely to be a threat.
Heh, actually annawid and randy were our top two suspects by the beginning of Day 2. I'd sent redturtle an outline of our strategy after we'd announced ourselves as Lesbians:
Okay, we've set the ball in motion, so let's see what the response is like.

We've actually got an Ace up our sleeve. We could announce that the Perv has PMed us and told us to OD annawid. This gives us 4 advantages:

1. It makes the trannies think that there's a Perv still out there. bsmith might have been our Perv that we've lost.

2. If there is a Perv out there, he/she will think that a trannie has contacted us posing as the Perv. This might prompt him to reveal himself to us.

3. We would most likely get the unquestioned support to OD annawid.

4. If we successfully lynch a trannie today, the remaining trannie would make it a higher priority to lynch the mysterious Perv rather than one of us.

I suggest annawid because you've already mentioned randy and if we use randy, someone would just say that it sounds suspicious that the Perv has suggested that we OD the person whom we most suspect. So annawid is the more believable option. Besides, I've got a strong feeling that both annawid and randy are trannies.
But just before we could put this into motion, annawid sent us this PM:
I'm not sure I believe you and Redturtle are the lesbians since you're very experienced at this and you 2 could pull off pretending to be the lesbians.

Well I'm the pervert and I suspected Randy and Ben as they sort of hinted they were the pervert.
Viewed Ben N1 but useless, N2 was gonna view Redturtle, might still view Redturtle but maybe should view Shawn instead.
That threw us up a bit. You see, bsmith had only hinted that he was the Perv, and although he turned out to be a non-trannie, it was still possible that he was trying some dubious strategy of his own in Day 1 that resulted in his death. We discussed about it:
From redturtle:

hmm this is the make it or break it action

I struggle to believe that but she is the only one that has responded. A very bold move cause if we get 2 pervs responding then we know one is the trannie, right ?
From TaleSpinner:

Yes, a very bold move indeed. Unless she knew that the Perv has been eliminated from the game, she wouldn't have made it. I'd add the meta-game fact that she could have very easily obtained the info that bsmith was the Perv when bsmith was killed. And it's entirely too convenient that her N1 "peek" is a useless fact to us now.

What I don't get is that it still doesn't make sense why bsmith would have pretended to be the Perv if he was just a Ho. He hinted that he might be the Perv, and was naturally killed in N1 for it. Hmm...

We've got 2 options that I can think of for now:

1. Announce that the Perv has contacted us and peeked at bsmith. Because of this useless fact, we OD no one in Day 2, and hope that the Perv will give us more info in Day 3. If annawid really is the Perv, the trannies will be trying to kill her in N2, and will ignore us. If one of us gets killed in N2, then we can roughly conclude that annawid is a trannie who's buying time to kill us off. This is the safe option that will ensure that we see Day 3.

2. OD randy. He's one of our original suspects anyway. This is the risky option but will alleviate the pressure of 2 trannies in Day 3.

I'd go with option 1 by the end of the day. But let's pressure the others to see what they have to say. A silent wolf/trannie is very dangerous.
Unfortunately, I'd realised too late that a non-OD day was not possible, not with the Secret Requirements everyone had. I doubted that I could fulfill mine, and suspected that several were in the same boat. So that left option 2.

It was only towards the end when I'd worked out that the safest OD option was really Stompy (via the trannie-pairing analysis). What gave annawid and Stompy away was this post:
annawid wrote:Do we have to OD someone today? The odds doesn't look so good. If there's a perv maybe we should let them have another view tonite. Unless the mod will force a lynch???
Not only was this the ONLY piece of game-related suggestion she'd made (apart from Voting, the rest of her Ling posts were just role-play), it was made immediately after redturtle voted Stompy. I'd neglected to read the intention behind the post - it was to cover for Stompy. Very subtlely done. And I'd only noticed it at the very last minute.

Ultimately, I think that the trannies would have still won even if we ODed Stompy if things continued the way they were. With randy being non-responsive most of the time, it was hard to determine his allegience and intentions. annawid would have pretended to "peek" at randy on Night 2, and told us that randy was a trannie. We would have most likely ODed him, resulting in a trannie win for annawid.

The lesson to learn folks, is this: being unresponsive does not help your allies. Look at shawn_low's posts. He left little doubt that he was a Ho by Day 2. He'd be a top-grade trannie/wolf if he turned out to be one all along. Even if you get killed, you've given the rest something to think about.

So when's the next game, Stompy? ;)

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:23 pm

TaleSpinner wrote:So when's the next game, Stompy? ;)
I will Mod a game. It just won't be for a couple of weeks. I've a couple of exams coming up and I need to be worring about them and not how to construct a carefully laid, diabolical plot ;)

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:56 pm

Excellent :D

Here's a challenge: Pick a boardgame/cardgame. Use it as a theme. ;)

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:00 pm

does someone else want to mod or do we have a break?
Get a grip!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:03 pm

I don't mind modding another game while waiting for Paul to come up with his masterpiece. Regular WW is fine with me. With 8-9 players, we should tie things up within a couple of weeks, enough time for Paul to finish his zams.

Anyone interested?

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:04 pm

Sure, sign me up.

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:35 pm

An interesting chess game WW

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131142
Back and ready to game

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:36 pm

Randy must have been really busy cos he hasn't been to Gamers at Dockers for 3 weeks!! And he works there.
Back and ready to game

redturtle

Post by redturtle » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:46 pm

i am in for another game
Get a grip!