IN THE WEREWOLF JUNGLE-GAME ENDS ON NIGHT 3! WOLVES WIN!

Play by Email games in progress.
annawid

IN THE WEREWOLF JUNGLE-GAME ENDS ON NIGHT 3! WOLVES WIN!

Post by annawid » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:51 pm

All players are in one village. In this village, a number of people are werewolves. Every night, the werewolves kill one person. Every day, the villagers (including the wolves, who are now no more suspicious than any other villager) discuss who is to blame for this, and lynch one of them.

Some people will have special abilities, which are decided by the game host. We have the following roles:

---------------
9 Players
---------------
1 Seer (gets a random non-wolf N0 vision)
2 Masons (know each other are good)
3 Villagers (plain villagers-1 or more may have special one-off powers)

2 Wolves (plain old wolves, know who the wolves are)
1 Cobbler (on the wolves team but do not know who the wolves are and wolves do not know who he/she is)

Extended explanation for new role:
Cobbler: His job sucks so bad, he wants to die. The cobbler is on the werewolves team, but is not a werewolf! He doesn't know who the werewolves are, they dont know who he is. Does not count towards parity with good. The cobbler looks like a villager to the seer. The cobbler is very interesting in that he actually doesnt mind being lynched in many cases, to protect a werewolf from dying. He can also create situations late in the game where he can form a voting block with the remaining werewolf and then block any lynchings from occurring. You can even have cases where the werewolf is trying to convince the cobbler that he is in fact a wolf, or that someone might fake being a cobbler to rat out who the wolf is, so they can then say they arent really a cobbler and lynch them!

Special roles are NOT revealed at the start of the game. It's up to the players to decide when and if to reveal themselves.

People with special roles must discuss their actions with the game host! Only the game host is allowed to let one person to kill another, so any other attempts at murder will result in nothing.

Discussion on who to lynch is the major part of the game. Everything is allowed. Talk to other people using PM, email, msn, anything you wish. Lie your *rse off if you wish to. Just don't expect them to believe you.

For someone to be lynched, they must get at least one fourth of the total possible votes. So if, with nine players, at least 2 votes for a lynching. If one-fourth of the votes is a decimal number (1.7, 3.5, ect.), it will be rounded to the nearest number (so 1.5 would be 2, 1.3 would be 1, 3.8 would be 4.)

Voting Rules:

When you cast a vote, post the name of the person you want dead in bold. Changed votes are NOT done by editing your posts. Just make a new post and list the old vote underlined and the new vote bold. That makes it easier for me to count them. Votes that do not follow these guidelines will not be counted.

When you are dead, you are allowed to keep posting for the day, just don't do so excessively, nor reveal any information you received and didn't tell people earlier on. I'll have to count on your honesty for this. Roles will not be revealed at a person's death, only whether he/she is a wolf/villager.

The game master decides when a day ends (and the person with the majority of votes is lynched) but must announce this at least 12 hours in advance to allow people to change their votes.

The game ends when either all wolves are dead, or when the number of wolves becomes greater or equal to the number of innocents. In the first case, all non-wolves win. In the second case, the wolves win.

People who have signed up:
1. Talespinner
2. Mr Skeletor
3. Ben
4. Randy
5. Tyrone(tbb1978)
6. Jon(jttm80)
7. Stompy
8. Redturtle
9. Funkiemark
Last edited by annawid on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:50 am, edited 28 times in total.
Back and ready to game

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:02 pm

Sign me up.

Mr Skeletor

Post by Mr Skeletor » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:35 pm

Ok, i need to get my post count up.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:36 pm

Yep I'm in.

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:06 pm

bsmith wrote:Yep I'm in.
Trying to avoid being a werewolf widower Ben? :)
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

randy

Post by randy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:16 pm

I'm in..

tbb1978

Post by tbb1978 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:59 am

Never played this online before but I will give it a go!

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:46 pm

6 people signed up, 5 more to go. Come on Jon, Paul, Hayden, Melissa. Even Fraser has joined.
Back and ready to game

jttm80

Post by jttm80 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:51 pm

Okay, I'm in.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:51 am

Sign me up please

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:07 pm

The roles look good. Just one question:
1 Seer (gets a random non-wolf N0 vision)
Is it possible for the Seer to see the Cobbler in N0?

I'm also a bit concerned that there might be 2 Alliances from N0 - the Seer + 1 non-Villager, and the Masons. But with 3 Wolves and a Cobbler, this might balance out anyway.

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:48 pm

The cobbler looks like a villager to the seer. Seer will just get 'person is not a wolf' reply. Masons are a strong force for good but there's a suicidal cobbler to confuse people. Also since this is our third game, village should be able to handle 3 wolves. Wolves have no converting abilities. I just want a bloody game :badgrin:
Back and ready to game

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Fraser wrote:
bsmith wrote:Yep I'm in.
Trying to avoid being a werewolf widower Ben? :)
Hey Anna, for the record this was not a signup request, just an attempt to troll Ben 8)

annawid

Post by annawid » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:36 pm

You tried to troll poor sick Ben? That's mean.... you need to be punished by........ playing a werewolf game :lol:
Back and ready to game

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:54 pm

annawid wrote:You tried to troll poor sick Ben? That's mean.... you need to be punished by........ playing a werewolf game :lol:
He wasn't sick then was he. And if he was it was signing up to WW that gave him the illness 8)