Werewolf Game II - GAME ENDS ON NIGHT 2! VILLAGERS WIN!

Play by Email games in progress.
TaleSpinner

Werewolf Game II - GAME ENDS ON NIGHT 2! VILLAGERS WIN!

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:59 pm

Just repeating the Rules:

All players are in one village. In this village, a number of people are werewolves. Every night, the werewolves kill one person. Every day, the villagers (including the wolves, who are now no more suspicious than any other villager) discuss who is to blame for this, and lynch one of them.

Some people will have special abilities, which are decided by the game host. (me, in this case) We have the following possibilities:

The Seer will have a vision every night, in which he sees the exact role of one person. The seer will be granted the vision the moment he asks for it, and if that person is converted by the wolves later that night, the seer will not know.
The Guardian Angel will protect one person from all harm during one night. He may not protect a person three times in a row though. (optional)
The Vigilante may decide to take up his axe and kill someone instantly. He may do this at any time, but he must PM me and I will post what happens. If he wishes to kill someone during the night, it will happen at the same time as any and all other nightly events. He may kill someone only once per game. (optional)
The Hunter gets to kill one person when he gets killed himself. He has to name the player, though, and he can't just say "the person who killed me". (optional)
The Priest can empty a flask of holy water over a person who's about to get lynched once per game. Wolves will get killed by the water while everyone else will stand. No lynching is done that day. (optional)

The Wolves have one special trick-once per game they may collectively decide to turn a villager without a role into a Wolf. If they use this on a person with a special role, however, they waste it and don't get another shot. This action will only be used at night and the wolves don't necessarily lose their kill by performing it.

Special roles are NOT revealed at the start of the game. It's up to the players to decide when and if to reveal themselves.

People with special roles must discuss their actions with the game host! Only the game host is allowed to let one person to kill another, so any other attempts at murder will result in nothing.
Players with one-time-use special roles such as the priest and vigilante still count as special players once they've used their ability.

The wolves know who the other wolves (if any) are. The players won't know any role other than their own.

Discussion on who to lynch is the major part of the game. Everything is allowed. Talk to other people using PM, email, msn, anything you wish. Lie your *rse off if you wish to. Just don't expect them to believe you.

For someone to be lynched, they must get at least one fourth of the total possible votes. So if, with eight players, nobody has more than one vote, nobody gets lynched that day. If one-fourth of the votes is a decimal number (1.7, 3.5, ect.), it will be rounded to the nearest number (so 1.5 would be 2, 1.3 would be 1, 3.8 would be 4.)

If you cast a vote, post the name of the person you want dead in bold. Changed votes are NOT done by editing your posts. Just make a new post and list the old vote underlined and the new vote bold. That makes it easier for me to count them. Votes that do not follow these guidelines will not be counted.

Also, not voting two "days" in a row will result in death. So, voting is not only recommended but also obligatory. Votes for nobody are allowed, as long as they follow the same rules mentioned above.
(eg. I vote for Nobody because I don't have a clue)

When you are dead, you are allowed to keep posting for the day, just don't do so excessively, nor reveal any information you received and didn't tell people earlier on. I'll have to count on your honesty for this.

The game master decides when a day ends (and the person with the majority of votes is lynched) but must announce this at least 12 hours in advance to allow people to change their votes.

The game ends when either all wolves are dead, or when the number of wolves becomes greater or equal to the number of innocents. In the first case, all non-wolves win. In the second case, the wolves win.

That's basically all.

Sign-up list: (need at least 8 to start)
1. bsmith
2. Lord Lissie (dougadams)
3. annawid
4. randy
5. melissa
6. redturtle
7. funkiemark
8. Stompy
9. hayden
Last edited by TaleSpinner on Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 15 times in total.

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:26 pm

Excellent! Sign me up for more action.

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:48 am

Me too. I'm a glutton for punishment. Werewolf again and will probably get eaten on Thursday by zombies in Doom.

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:00 am

Sign me up. The name's Lissie, Lord Lissie :)

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:06 am

Lord Lissie's cruisin' for a lynchin'.....

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:10 am

annawid wrote:Lord Lissie's cruisin' for a lynchin'.....
It's a first night specialty of mine, but that's enough from the hired help.

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:23 am

Hired help my a*** :p

Think you're safe my lord, since Frank's not playing...

dougadams

Post by dougadams » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:28 am

annawid wrote:Hired help my a*** :p

Think you're safe my lord, since Frank's not playing...
Absolutely not, and Frank la Terrable may wander in here yet. Anyways, I have work to do, a manor to run, Ben's ASL homework to read, and I'm only doing this to bring up my 100th post. :D

annawid

Post by annawid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:36 am

Happy 100th post to you.... happy 100th post to you....

I forgot its ASL night tonite, good luck Doug. Watch out for those guys at TGV's tabletalk.

I'll have the place to myself then... wonder if it's too late to arrange a wild party and trash the place :roll:

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:40 pm

Where's Reggie, Frank, Hayden, Tim, David, Mark, Melissa, Fraser?

Come on guys join up!

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:53 pm

annawid wrote:Happy 100th post to you.... happy 100th post to you....

I forgot its ASL night tonite, good luck Doug. Watch out for those guys at TGV's tabletalk.

I'll have the place to myself then... wonder if it's too late to arrange a wild party and trash the place :roll:
It's funny, Zoltan's table talk starts as soon as someone needs to open the rulebook. "Nah I'm sure my leader can move 12MF, I mean, he needs to! You better look it up" :lol:

annawid

Post by annawid » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:18 pm

Tell him to look it up himself. If he can't show the rule that allows his leader to move, he can't do it. :badgrin:

randy

Post by randy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:35 pm

I'll be in it, I'm a much better actor in an email game!

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:18 pm

bsmith wrote:Where's Reggie, Frank, Hayden, Tim, David, Mark, Melissa, Fraser?

Come on guys join up!
Me? Even Melissa only managed to get me into two games and one of them was hers.

I am a Werewolf Widower.
No jpegs were harmed in the making of this post.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm

Actually, I personally think that Werewolf is a game best played via a forum like this one. In a forum, you get Private Messaging which I believe is crucial for the wolves and allied villagers to discuss and strategise. And nothing beats the sense of ominousness you get when you come into the forum and get a "You have 1 new message!" pop-up in which someone tries to convince you that he/she is the Seer/not a wolf.

Plus, the delay between posts gives you time to reflect on your next action, and opportunity to vocalise your opinions without someone else drowning you out with a "HE'S A WOLF! LYNCH HIM!!!"

If you haven't tried playing this in a forum, you should.