Werewolf game - GAME ENDS ON NIGHT 2! WOLVES WIN!

Play by Email games in progress.
annawid

Post by annawid » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:07 pm

I was waiting for Talespinner in the study as we had arranged to elope that night. He was supposed to come for me at midnight and then on to the church where (naughty and sinful) priest Hayden was to marry us. Feeling bored, I was rummaging around Bsmith's desk when I found the package of herbs that Funkiemark got him. It smelled awful so I threw it into the fire. It started to smoke and I was overcome by the fumes. Bsmith found me lying on the floor, woke me and we rushed to the well.

Father Hayden knew that Talespinner would be out late in the village last night........

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:07 pm

Nothing perks up a Monday than a good lynching, but unfortunately, no one managed to stir the mob enough to lynch someone. Probably not enough coffee or something. But anyway, after arguing about entrail trails :roll:, failed elopements and dodgy p*rn links, everyone decides to call it a Day and turn in for the Night.

VOTE TALLY (6/4 = 1.5 = 2 to lynch)
Stompy - 1 (bsmith)
randy - 1 (Stompy)
Undecided - 4 (annawid, funkiemark, randy, hayden)

Lynch result: Nobody.

Night 1 has Started. Please PM me your Night Actions if you have any.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:11 am

The next Day, everyone is awoken by a terrible stench. Pitchforks armed, everyone races out into the village square, to see that the remains of TaleSpinner have rotted into a revolting heap. Seems that everyone was so engrossed in arguing yesterday that no one thought of burying the poor sod.

Apart from that, everyone else seems to be alive and well. Obviously, the werewolf has decided to move out of the village to escape the justice of the villagers. Rejoicing loudly, everyone spends some time clapping each other on the back, before realising that if that was the case, then at very least someone should be absent from the village...

Day 2 has started. I will post the deadline for Day 2 later.

BTW, please note that everyone's allowed to PM each other as much as they want. In some Werewolf games, this is disallowed, but personally, I find it more interesting with no PM restrictions.

ALIVE:
1. bsmith
2. annawid
3. Stompy
4. randy
5. funkiemark
6. hayden

DEAD, DECOMPOSING OR DIGESTING:
1. TaleSpinner - MODERATOR (killed on Night 0)
Last edited by TaleSpinner on Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:16 am

Since everyone is alive does this mean that the Werewolf didn't try to kill anyone?

annawid

Post by annawid » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:16 pm

It may mean that he turned someone, either kill or turn someone into a werewolf. Of course I'm not turned, since I'm grounded and cannot leave the house.

funkiemark

wow..

Post by funkiemark » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:06 pm

Ho hum.. I guess it's back to the garbo job for me (picks up the shovel and shovels the remains of Tales Spinner into a box). So much for the excitement.
So do we still have to lynch someone? Can the warewolf actually convert someone in this game? I can understand with a bigger crowd, but with only 6 of us?! o.O?

funkiemark

Post by funkiemark » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:09 pm

So when does day 2 end?

funkiemark

Post by funkiemark » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:51 am

Funkiemark finds Randy awfully suspicious. He's been a quiet and seemed calculative person since the begining. He also seems to be a bit shaggier than normal lately. Could be he just needs a haircut.

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:32 am

It's been fairly quiet in the village - if one can discount the insidious whisperings in the background; everyone seems content on casting suspicious glances all around.

Hey, that almost rhymes! :p

randy - 1 (funkiemark)
Undecided - 5 (annawid, Stompy, randy, hayden, bnsmith)

Day 2 will end at 12pm on Tuesday, 22nd Aug.

annawid

Post by annawid » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:57 am

While preparing for bed last night, Annawid glanced out of her wondow and saw father Hayden drawing water out of the village well. His sleeves were rolled back as he worked. Funny how she's never noticed how hairy his arms were....

bsmith
Site Admin

Post by bsmith » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Also put me down for Hayden, the silence is deafening!

randy

Post by randy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:45 pm

I agree that Hayden has been deafeningly quieteth!

Lets Lynch im!

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:19 pm

Not that it matters, but I'm going to treat randy's vote as valid given the context of his post. Remember that valid votes must be bolded.

randy - 1 (funkiemark)
hayden - 3 (annawid, bsmith, randy)
Undecided - 2 (Stompy, hayden)

Lynch result: hayden

So the Day comes to an end, and a rope is put around hayden's neck. Lacking suitable large trees in the area, the mob decides to string him up on the village's sole lamp-post; a fitting end for the murderer of the town's lamp-post lighter. As the light of Day fades, hayden's body swings from the post, and gradually, he transforms into... a dead Villager.

Night 2 has Started. Please PM me your Night Actions if you have any.

Stompy

Post by Stompy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:16 pm

ouch! Poor Hayden, at least I don't have blood on my hands.. Who was it that was keen for the kill?

TaleSpinner

Post by TaleSpinner » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:26 pm

Given that everyone has PMed their Night Actions, I might as well post this now.

bsmith is about to turn in for the Night when a knock on the door is heard. He gets up, puts on his bunny bedroom slippers and goes to answer it. "Who's there?" he calls through the door.

"It's us, randy and Stompy," came the answer.

"Yeah? Whaddya want?"

"We think that's it's a good idea if we all stuck together. You know, watched each other's backs tonight in case the wolf turns up?"

"Yeah, right. We can't do that - it's against the rules. Go away."

"We've got beer."

bsmith thought about this for a moment. "Yeah, okay." He cracks open the door, and sure enough two very hungry werewolves burst into the room.

----------------

annawid is almost out of breath as she hurries towards bsmith's cottage. "bsmith!! I'm the Seer and I know who the wolf is!" she yells as she runs into the room just in time to witness Stompy and randy playing netball with bsmith's severed head.

"Oh crap!" she says as the werewolves advance towards her. Just then, there's a sudden blaze of light as funkiemark materialises in the room.

"Back, foul beasts!" he intones, branishing a blazing white sword in one hand. "The Seer is under the protection of the Guardian Angel! Which is me, if you haven't figured this out by now."

The wolves look at the Guardian Angel, and then at the Seer. And then they count themselves. "Two of us, and two of them," randy struggles to remember some obscure rule that the Moderator put in place. "Hey! That means we win! Number of wolves equal the number of non-wolves, right?"

Oh yeah, right says a Loud Voice From Above.

funkiemark's blazing sword suddenly extinguishes. "Oh crap," he says as the werewolves converge on the last two helpless villagers....

Werewolves win on Night 2!

STARTING ROLES:
Annawid (SEER)
funkiemark (GUARDIAN ANGEL)
randy (WEREWOLF)
bsmith (VILLAGER)
Stompy (VILLAGER)
hayden (VILLAGER)

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS:
Day 1:
No one is lynched

Night 1:
annawid (Seer) spies funkiemark (Guardian Angel)
randy (Werewolf) converts Stompy (Villager)
funkiemark (Guardian Angel) protects bsmith (Villager)

Day 2:
Hayden (Villager) is lynched.

Night 2:
annawid (Seer) spies randy (Werewolf)
randy, Stompy (Werewolves) kill bsmith (Villager)
funkiemark (Guardian Angel) protects annawid (Seer)

Game ends because wolves achieve parity with non-wolves. Wolves win.

Thanks everyone for playing! I'd be happy to host another one, but I recommend that we get at least 8 players this time.