Pax Baltica - VASSAL

Play by Email games in progress.
christianmoura

Pax Baltica - VASSAL

Post by christianmoura » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 am

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42328/pax-baltica

I've been invited to Playtest new scenarios and the updated rules for Pax Baltica - a 2 player block wargame (based on the Hammer of the Scots rules) which is being re-released by GMT.
Anyone willing to give this a go with me on VASSAL?

shawn_low

Re: Pax Baltica - VASSAL

Post by shawn_low » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

I could try a 60 minute scenario.

Who's developing the game? Last time I playtested a GMT game, the developer was terrible. He basically didn't do anything with the feedback.

PS: Christian, remember I asked you to help me get the Brazilian version of Modern Art? Any chance you could help me do so?

http://www.odysseiajogos.com.br/artemoderna/arte.html

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:58 am

Hi Shawn,

Cool. To clarify, I mean to play this by email, swapping VASSAL log files. The game designer has been in contact with me, and is finishing the VASSAL module. As soon as it is done, he will email it to me with the updated rules and scenarios. I'll let you know.

Modern Art: What do you want me to do? Order it and have it shipped to my house? I can do that - I can take it back with me to Melbourne, but I don't know when that will be. Could be August, could be later.

shawn_low

Post by shawn_low » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:46 am

Christian, hook me up on Vassal. I'll try PBEM (email logs). See how it goes. The 60 mins scenario could end up being 60 days!?

As for Modern Art, happy for you to bring it back when you get back from Brasil. Only if it's not too much trouble!

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:27 am

shawn_low wrote:Christian, hook me up on Vassal. I'll try PBEM (email logs). See how it goes. The 60 mins scenario could end up being 60 days!?

As for Modern Art, happy for you to bring it back when you get back from Brasil. Only if it's not too much trouble!
OK, no problem regarding Modern Art.

I'm waiting for the Pax Baltica scenario to be ready, I'll let you know when it is. I think block games work well PBEM, it shouldn't take much time and work to finish a game - depends on how often we swap emails, it doesn't help that my time zone is -13h to Melbourne.

shawn_low

Post by shawn_low » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Well, I downloaded the rules (v1.1). Will read it when I get the chance.

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:20 am

The VASSAL module for Pax Baltica has finally been released. Shawn still interested in the playtest?

I've got the last version of the rules (GMT version). Anyone interested in giving this a try?

jbarton11

Post by jbarton11 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:06 am

christianmoura wrote:The VASSAL module for Pax Baltica has finally been released. Shawn still interested in the playtest?

I've got the last version of the rules (GMT version). Anyone interested in giving this a try?
I'm keen Christian, are the rules a DL from GMT's website?

christianmoura

Post by christianmoura » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:55 pm

jbarton11 wrote:
christianmoura wrote:The VASSAL module for Pax Baltica has finally been released. Shawn still interested in the playtest?

I'm keen Christian, are the rules a DL from GMT's website?
Cool. No, the latest rules aren't at the GMT website...but if you PM me your email address, I'll send you the files....